CNYRTA/Centro Announcement of Payroll and Accounts Receivable Accountant Vacancy (Syracuse)
DEPARTMENT: Accounting, Central New York Regional Transportation Authority
SALARY RANGE: $49,183 – $54,973
Note: Starting salary is determined by assessment of experience and qualifications for the position.
JOB SUMMARY: This new position is responsible for being the dedicated replacement for the Payroll Accountant and performing various duties related to accounts receivable.
- Assist the Payroll Accountant in maintaining payroll information by directing the collection and calculation of weekly payroll for over 500 employees.
- Help pay employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or wire transfers to bank accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of payroll reports by compiling summaries of income, taxes, deductions, vacation, disability and non-taxable wages.
- Help maintain employee trust and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Communicate with Revenue Contracts and Service Development regarding Revenue Contract rate increases to ensure customers are billed accurately and in a timely manner
- Assist in timely and accurate recording of Accounts Receivable transactions in Abila, including service and/or contract invoices, collections and other related transactions.
- Participate in monthly reviews of aged customer accounts and facilitate collection efforts in accordance with the Accounts Receivable Collection Policy. Communicate all collection issues to management and suggest write-offs as needed.
- Support accounting staff as needed.
- Perform other payroll related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE JOB:
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or accounting with 2 years of experience in related fields.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB)) standards and statements.
- Experience in payroll and accounting software.
- Thorough understanding of payroll procedures, laws, taxes and payroll management best practices.
- Thorough knowledge of ethics and understanding of ethical requirements as they apply to accounting functions.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of finance.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of internal control principles and practices.
- Knowledge of transportation industry standards and practices.
- Knowledge of CNYRTA and departmental policies and procedures, including the ability to recognize performance trends and establish general protocols to respond to those trends.
- Ability to plan and organize work independently.
- Ability in oral and written communication.
Applications and internal transfer requests should be submitted to Amanda Wilson or go to our website at www.centro.org and apply! All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. CNYTRA reserves the right to select a candidate inside or outside the Company.
CNYRTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.